This is my first blog EVER!... I have no idea what I'm doing, but what-the-heck!
ITS SNOWING!!!! A Real snow!...fluffy and thick. The girls have been out since early this morning. I've refueled them with toast and hot chocolate whenever they have stumbled thru the door with their snow packed legs and pink cheeks. Paige came in for a dry pair of shoes. When I looked down and saw her snow packed ballet flats. She said she was in a hurry and they fit over her feety pajamas......I have no response to that. :(
We're so sad Brets not here to be snowed in with us. He's in Idaho visiting the bigger Smith Crew. The doctors took grandma off all her medicine and told the family to gather. But ever since then she's done better than she has in months...go figure!? We're thrilled.
Brets hang out with his brothers, sisters and cousins that he doesn't get to see near often enough.
I think I've recovered from the CRAZY 26 girl sleep-over we had on friday. We hate hurting feelings so we invited every girl at church between Macey and McKennas age.
It was fun and insane all wrapped together. We played all night: sweet tart fun facts, vampires in the dark, frosted cookies and watched movies, but the best part was the stair-looge. We piled all the pillows and sleeping bags at the bottom of the stairs and had races down in the slickest sleeping bags we could find. It was a BLAST!!
The fear didn't hit me until 12:30 when I thought, "how am I going to get this many giggely girls to sleep all by myself?" Thank goodness there is narcoleptic powers in the "I'm a child of God" song. They fell like dominos, one room at a time.
The next morning we made pink pancakes until all the spray whip cream and sprinkles were gone--thus the need for pancakes was gone too.
As the last friend left the girls surrounded me in a giant bear hug and thanked me for "the best sllep-over in the history of sleep-overs!"....goal reached. I dropped, exhaused, but happy.
Wish I could be there to see the girls playing in the snow. I would have liked to been a mouse in the corner for the party. Tell me, were you the first one down the stairs? We love you all and thank you for sharing Bret with us. Hoping to see you soon. Love, G and G Smith
ReplyDelete