Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Safe and Thankful.
Today was the last day of CAT layoffs. Bret is the only one left on his team of 7. He's been switched to the Cary offices, where he will be in the global purchasing group. The silver lining is that his commute is only 20 minutes.
We are humbled and very grateful to have a job. Our hearts ache for the families who haven't been so lucky.
McKenna's Happy Family
She drew this picture for an upcoming FHE. She tied 5 strings to it, so that we could each hold one to show that it takes team work to hold a family up! How cute is THAT!!? She told me in a coy, side-ways whisper, "your going to LOVE the high shoes I put on you!"
Shopping at SWOOZIES!!
Swoozies, our favorite new girlie store had their big tent sale and we had to go investigate with our good friends, Jennie and Jack Councill. The girls form the Jack-Jack fan club. Jack has pet names for each of them: MaeMae, PaePae and MaePae. They are thrilled and LOVE to babysit!

This is what I need to have engraved on my First Alert bracelet!!
Here is a copy of an e-mail I got from McKennas teacher yesterday:

Hello Ladies,

I wanted to give you a heads up about an event that happened in class.
We were coming back in from recess and the whole line was talking- I said "if you are talking- go in and flip your color...cause we don't talk in the hall (silence) only if you really need something, you are bleeding or if someone is trying to steal one of you" No one moved- I didn't expect anyone to. We walk in and I am doing the normal, calling water groups, etc...kids are great and then I see McKenna crying by the coats.

She tells me, "I don't want to flip my color." It was already on yellow. She had done it. So was Kathleen's. I grab her to hug her and ask- why...and they both told me that they were talking in the hall. I held her and told her how proud of her/them I was that they told the truth even when they could have gotten away with it, because if they were talking in the hall, it was so quiet I didn't hear them, but I was super proud of them for being honest. And that probably half the class should have flipped their color too- but they didn't so that means that Kathleen and McKenna have great intergrity- to do what is right when no one is looking. I told them, if I could love them more I would for being so amazing.

I just wanted to give you a heads up and to love on them so much, because they are so special.

They are both smiling now, Kathleen cried just for a second...and McKenna looks a little sad still.

Thanks!
Any questions let me know.

Krista


Yesterday was the first day she's had to flip her card the whole year. She was still pretty sad about it when she got home, worried we would be mad. She didn't understand that being honest is so much more important than making a small mistake. I felt like jumping, whooping and running down the line high-fiving all the moms at the bus stop (NBA game opener style!). Its not very often we get to see what our kids do when our mom-radar isn't on them. We all squeezed her guts out! (not really--that'd be grose!)

No comments:

Post a Comment